Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Garden's Bounty

I was pumped to be able to freeze my first bag of raspberries and make a batch of salsa yesterday. It is such a treat to have raspberry pie for Thanksgiving or anytime in the winter! The salsa is from a mix. You add a package of Mrs. Wage's salsa mix to your tomatoes. The kids like it. Dad has been making some fresh salsa, which I think is better. The nice thing about this salsa mix is that you can freeze it so it makes it much easier than canning it.The school year seems to be going good so far. I had a little issue with Danny and lunch. I took him out of the sex-ed class he is suppose to be taking and they put him in art class. It's a split class with lunch in the middle. Twice he came home with his lunch I had packed in his backpack. He had been buying, using his lunch account. He insisted that he couldn't go to his locker to get his lunch. AND that he wanted to go to lunch "with his friends". I think there is at least one boy from church in his art and he likes to eat with him. I tried to tell him to tell this boy to save him a seat while he goes get his lunch but he wouldn't do that. His teacher called one day to say that the aide saw Danny's lunch in his locker at the end of the day. I explained what was going on and she said she would see if he could bring his lunch to art. The next day I received a note saying there was a shelf in the art room where Danny could put his lunch so he could go straight to lunch from art! So once again our school has pulled through for Danny!!! I just hope "his friends" appreciate it as much as he does!