We will be having Cheesy Chicken Chowder for supper tonight. It is Jeanie's belated "birthday request". As always, this recipe is from one of the Taste of Home's Cookbook's. As one of their Food Editor's I am suppose to be sending them recipes but almost ALL of my cooking comes from their cookbooks so I can hardly send them a recipe they already have published!
CHEESY CHICKEN CHOWDER
3 cups chicken broth
2 cups diced peeled potatoes
1 cup diced carrots
1 cup diced celery
1/2 cup diced onion
1 1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon pepper
1/4 cup butter or margarine
1/3 cup flour
2 cups milk
2 cups (8 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
2 cups diced cooked chicken
In 4-qt saucepan, bring chicken broth to a boil. Reduce heat; add potatoes, carrots, celery, onion, salt and pepper. Cover and simmer for 15 minutes or until vegetables are tender. Meanwhile, melt butter in medium saucepan; add flour and mix well. Gradually stir in milk; cook over low heat until slightly thickened. Stir in cheese and cook until melted; add to broth along with chicken. Cook and stir over low heat until heated through. 6-8 servings
6 comments:
I love getting all these new recipes! It's like opening a new cookbook every week..thanks!
Yum, that looks like a good one for a cold winter day.
This sounds good! I think it will be tomorrow nights dinner.
emily
I tried it for supper tonight. It was very good. I made it even easier by using canned diced potatoes and canned carrots. I also used the left over turkey I had in my freezer with the turkey broth. Very tasty with fresh bread out of the breadmaker. Karen
ooh! I think I actually have everything for this one - I'll have to try it for dinner! thanks!
I made this for dinner tonight using some of the turkey I cooked today and man..it was a huge hit. Even Wendy liked it...she's our current finickiest. Thanks for sharing!
Post a Comment