Thursday, November 26, 2009

Happy Thanksgiving



Happy Thanksgiving to you all. We had a very enjoyable one. Only 13 of us this year.

I made too many pies. I tried a Walnut Streusel Sour Cream Apple Pie. I thought it sounded so good and I accidentally had to double it. (I added so many apples to the filling that it didn't fit in one pie pan so I had to double the filling and make another crust.) It wasn't very good. I'll have to try it again tomorrow when I'm not so full and hopefully it will have improved! I also made a raspberry baked pie which didn't get touched. Larissa made Blueberry Delight and only one piece of that was gone. The biggest hit was the French Silk Pie from our family cookbook. I made Lisa's recipe. It was awesome! So I sent the dessert back with Larissa and put the raspberry pie in the freezer.

I've found a job! I'm cooking at a Alzheimer and Dementia Home. I'll be working two days during the week and every other weekend. I trained in last week. I think I'll really like it. There are only 11 residents there right now so I only have to cook for about 15 people. The staff eats with the residents. I get to cook pretty much what I want and use my own recipes. The noon meal is the big meal of the day and then I make a light supper. Once the supper is done, I can leave. I also make beds and vacuum. I start once Jeanie gets on the bus and should be done by 5:00.

2 comments:

Amanda Kay said...

Happy Thanksgiving! Nice Christmas tree!

~ Junkyard Jennifer said...

The tree looks so pretty. I'm glad work is going good.

~ Jennifer