I had to share this story: Sunday was our Sunday School Picnic. Like always, the kids had races. They race by grade. Boys with boys and girls with girls. Danny joined his Sunday school age boys for their race. They were a third of the way down when I realized what was happening. The boys let Danny have the lead and let him keep it the whole race. Was he pumped when he WON! He was pumping his arms up and down saying, "I did it!! I did it!! I won!! A day later and he's still smiling! Karen K. got these pictures and when I showed them to him he started laughing and said, "I smoked them!" I started crying as soon as I realized what the boys were doing. That was pretty impressive for those age boys to give Danny this special gift! Thanks boys!
Monday, June 7, 2010
He Won The Race
I had to share this story: Sunday was our Sunday School Picnic. Like always, the kids had races. They race by grade. Boys with boys and girls with girls. Danny joined his Sunday school age boys for their race. They were a third of the way down when I realized what was happening. The boys let Danny have the lead and let him keep it the whole race. Was he pumped when he WON! He was pumping his arms up and down saying, "I did it!! I did it!! I won!! A day later and he's still smiling! Karen K. got these pictures and when I showed them to him he started laughing and said, "I smoked them!" I started crying as soon as I realized what the boys were doing. That was pretty impressive for those age boys to give Danny this special gift! Thanks boys!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
13 comments:
All I can say is those are some awesome boys for making his day like that! That's way too neat!
Hearts of pure gold!
A true show of good sportsmanship for all of us
That's awesome!
Danny's classmates must have some extremely proud parents. The most beautiful and meaningful gifts are free.
Carol
That is so sweet!
Oh man, I've already heard this story and I'm still getting teary eyed. That is way too cool!
I saw them at the start of it, "we're letting Danny win, alright?" and then they made a show of pretending to try really hard, it was cute, we were all impressed.
A story like this makes life so good! It makes us all think of what is important in life and we can all thank the boys that made this race so special. Thanks for sharing.
I was thinking this story should be submitted to "Chicken Soup for the Soul..."
awesome. :) Just awesome.
heartwarming!
This completely brought tears to my eyes..you always hear how cruel children can be and how they are so self centered..huh..apparently these kids are God's Angels..beautiful story and I hope all these kids grow up to be beautiful caring adults!
Post a Comment