Wednesday, May 23, 2007

Birkenstocks? Anyone?

I've been searching online here as I'm cooling down from my walk. I need a new comfortable summer shoe/sandal. I've been looking at Clarks and Birkenstock. I went in my closet and dug out my 11 year old Birkenstocks and I definately am going with Birkenstock. I mean, I bought these when Danny was a baby. They are getting quite worn but they are still SOOOOO comfortable. They actually feel soothing on my feet!!! I know I could withstand a full day or two or three walking in Disney World with these. The only problem is....I can't remember how they run size wise. Do I buy for a size 7 foot (38) or 8 foot (39). I wear a 7 1/2. If anyone out there wears Birkenstocks, can you tell me how they run? And also, does anyone know where I can get the best deal on them? I did find a site, softmoc.com where they are 20% off but....is that the best I can do?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Anne try sierratradingpost.com everything there is 30%-70% off retail, also Merrell brand is really comfortable!
Kristy

Anonymous said...

Anne- I have been watching birkenstocks on ebay as I wear them all the time but my bottoms are completely worn flat so I am due a new pair. I wear a 39 which is an 8 and a regular which has the footprint on the sandal NOT filled in. If you have a narrow foot you would want the footprint filled in. You can get the suede two strap ones on ebay with shipping for under $50. At the Birkenstock store in Brighton they are close to $100. Over $100 for the smooth (like) leather style. Karen

Amy L said...

I have a size 8.5-9 foot and I wear a 40 in the birkenstock. I swear by these things - I can be on my feet all day long and my legs or feet are never sore if I have them on. Plus they have helped by bad lower back immensely. I use Zappos all the time. Not sure what kind of deal they are, but...