Wednesday, July 18, 2007

A Swing for Three


Our tire swing broke when we had kids over. I think most of the damage was done when we had confirmation kids over the week before. We've had the swing since Jen, Matt, Sara and Emily were little. I guess the handles were starting to weaken. Dad will make another but the kids have been improvising their own swings. Here they tied a long board to fit three. Not to comfortable as they didn't swing too long because their butts got sore!

My walking partner is gone for two weeks. Darn! I was planning on walking by myself at 8:30 this morning but here at 10:52 I have yet to get out there. It's not quite so enjoyable by yourself. It looks like it's going to get warm today as it is already 79 degrees. Maybe I'll just go work out for an hour this afternoon in the pool. Danny and Jeanie would like that.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

They broke our swing!!!!!! I can't believe the tire swing is no more...


emily

Anonymous said...

those pictures are so cute of the girls!
and i did not know the tire swing was that old!!

Amanda Kay said...

I don't think the tire swing is quite that old...I remember when Dad first made it, so there were definitely kids under me.....not sure when though.

Junkyard Jennifer said...

My bum was little enough to fit in it. ...So that was a LONG time ago.

Anne said...

Maybe we did have a few more kids when Dad made the swing. Uncle Pete made a tire swing and one time after we had come home from visiting them, Dad found a tire and cut it out for a swing. Maybe it was only about 20 years ago or so. We'll have to dig up old pictures to see how far back the swing was.

Love,
Mom

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday to You!
Happy Birthday to You!
Happy Birthday Dear Anne,
Happy Birthday to You!
:)